Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Friday 10/25/13 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday’s forecast calls for sunny but COLD!  I haven’t quite gotten used to that yet so I’m thinking I might just ride down to Anderson, SC and have some lunch at McGee’s Irish Pub.  If you would like to join me let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM.  Hope to see you then.   Dan


McGees Irish Pub


  • Cold weather definitely arrived in SC today.  The skies were clear and blue, but the air was very cool, especially when you add a 50 mph wind chill.  Dan led a group of seven out of the Key Mart parking area as we headed west for a trip southeast to Anderson.  Along with Dan, the group included Jim (Wing), me, Rob, Mark, Bob, and Lesley.  The Oconee County roads took us through the rolling farmland as we made our way into Anderson County.  In Fairplay, it seemed fair to make a brief stop to try and shake off some of the cold.  The electric gloves I was wearing quickly became my best friends as we made this chilly ride.  McGees looked like they had not yet opened, but Dan checked it out and in we went.  The restaurant had no problem seating us since we made up 7 of the 9 customers.  Thanks to B.O.B. (Bank of Bob), I was able to eat and pay for my lunch while my wallet rested in warm comfort at home.  The temps did rise while we had lunch and the ride home was more comfortable in the shining sun.  It was another great day on two wheels.    Steve
Two classics, the Irish scarecrow and the Celtic Cross
Trip Advisor - McGees Irish Pub

No comments: