Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday 8/7/15 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • With Dan back in Michigan, I still want to ride on Friday.  It looks like the rains will be gone, so an 8:30 am departure will be a cool way to start the day.  I'll see you in the Key Mart parking lot if you want to ride.  I'm thinking of Mike's on Main in Hendersonville, but open to suggestions.    Steve

  • Ten riders, including me, were at Key Mart to take a ride up to Hendersonville for breakfast.  The riders that came along with me included Lesley, Len, David D., Bill, Pat, Rob, Russ, Ed, and Bob.  Assuming everyone was getting hungry like I was, I took a fairly direct, somewhat boring, route to  Mike's.  The only deviation was to take River Falls to Devils Fork, and connect with Gap Creek.  As we were getting close to Devils Fork, the ominous large orange signs said the road was closed ahead.  I was hoping we could get to Devils Fork before the closure, and fortunately, we did.  Then, it was back to the more boring route 25/225 to get to Hendersonville.  With a large number of bikes, I opted for the parking lot and had to feed three parking meters for the ten bikes.  Mike's had plenty of room for us.  I thought about calling Sue to have her call ahead, but decided we would take our chances, and it worked out.  We were served our drinks and gave our food orders. One side of the table was served fairly quickly, while it took the other side a little longer.  Len offered to lead the ride back and make a stop at Symmes Chapel, part of the YMCA camp in Pretty Place, SC.  The view is quite spectacular, even on a cloudy day.  We could see rain in the distance and were glad we missed it.  All in all, it was another great day on two wheels.

No comments: