Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Michigan Motorcycle Trip - 8/17 thru 8/29/15

Fun Times

  • The adventure began at 8 am, on Monday morning, but not without some drama with my bike.  A problem that I thought was fixed resurfaced when I tried to start the bike - it didn't start.  A little persuasion with the connector to the starter, and it fired up and I headed for our rendezvous point at Key Mart.  I assumed the bike cleaning the day before had put a little too much water on the connector, but figured I was good to go.  We left the wives behind and headed north with our first stop on Clinch Mountain, TN, for lunch.  Things were going well, and we all tried the vinegar pie.  It was good, but stayed with us most of the rest of the day.  What was supposed to be a dry day, turned wet and we rode in rain for a couple hours.  Clean bikes were now only a memory.  We made it to our destination in Lexington, KY, and we were officially underway with the trip to the Upper Peninsula (UP) of Michigan.


  • All in all, it was a great couple weeks on two wheels.    Steve

No comments: