Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Friday 07/15/16 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • I made it back from the family get together in Michigan.  I think the trip was a success since it only to me one bottle of scotch and a dozen golf balls to get through it.  I am in need of a good Harley ride though, so I thought I would keep going with the breakfast rides and head on over to the SunnySide Café in Clemson and then put in some more miles after a good cup of Java if the rain holds off.  If you would like to join me let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 8:30 AM this Friday.  Hope you can make it.   Dan



  • The sky was very overcast, helping to keep the temperature in check, when eight riders, including Dan headed to Clemson for breakfast.  Along with Dan were Gadget, David D., me, Russ, Len, Ed, and O. G. Bob.  It was a quick ride to Clemson, although we did have to wait a bit for some repaving on Old Seneca Hwy.  The sign said caution, grooved road, and it sure was.  It's a little tricky riding on these grooves, but nothing compared to 30 mph+ winds while crossing the Mackinac Bridge in the steel grid lane.  When we arrived at Sunny Side, Sue had done her regular great job and a table was waiting for us (although, we did throw them a curve by telling them we had 7 when we actually had 8.  They fixed us up quickly).  Coincidently, our server previously worked at the BRC at Keowee Key.  She got our coffee along with our food order in a reasonable amount of time.  The menu offered quite a variety of selections, and it seemed as a group, we tried most of them.  I'm still suffering a little from the "sugar shakes" thanks to my delicious pecan praline stuffed French toast. It was very good and worth the calories.  O. G. Bob stuck with fruit and decaf coffee (Emoji Emoji).  For the ride home, Dan took us on several Pickens County country roads.  I'm not sure any of us really knew where we were.  I felt like a Pickens County Deputy Sheriff on patrol after a while, but it was still a great day on two wheels.    Steve



Interesting art work adorning the walls.


No comments: