Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Friday 07/07/17 Ride

Fellow Riders,
  • This Friday looks like a good day for a breakfast ride.  Dan and I will be taking turns leading the rides and he'll be able to hang back and follow tail lights for a while.  If you're interested in heading up to The Grill @ The Barn in Lake Toxaway, meet me at the Key Mart parking area for an 8:30 am departure.  After breakfast we can do some more mountain riding and should be home a little after noon.  Hope to see you there.    Steve

  • Nine riders, including me, came to Key Mart for a ride today.  Mother nature was playing games with the radar, and it was somewhat "iffy" as to whether or not it would rain early today.  The other riders that came along included Len, David D., Rob, Terry, Dan, Pat, Ed, and new rider Mike S (welcome Mike).  There was just enough cloud cover and some cool breezes to keep us guessing if we could make it to our destination and still be dry.  It was an otherwise comfortable ride up the mountain.  As we were heading east on Hwy 64, I must have forgotten that I was leading.  As we passed the Grill, I realized I was the one who was supposed to know where to turn.  Oh, well, a u-turn in the parking lot next door, and we arrived.  They had no problem seating us, although it was at two tables.  The service was okay and our server had to have a couple reminders to bring more coffee.  The restaurant tip I learned today, is that if the special says blueberry pancake (note - singular spelling), don't tell the server you want two.  My two pancakes could easily have served our entire table.  Now I know to be more careful.  That's probably something OG Bob knew, but he wasn't there to give advice today.  The other good thing about this visit, is that Ed's eggs were completely cooked this time and he was grateful.  After our breakfast, still leery about the potential for rain, and with Len's encouragement, I decided to take an abbreviated route home.  We turned north on Hwy 281 and enjoyed it's many curves and views of some lakes, rivers, and mountains.  Once we hit Hwy 107, we turned south for the final stretch home.  We successfully completed the ride by staying dry with dark clouds filling the skies behind us.  Overall, it was another great day on two wheels.    Steve  
I'm glad I shortened the ride a bit....
A photo from a trip I took a couple years ago with Len, Cory, and Jim H.
This is me while we stopped for gas in Detroit......

No comments: