Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Friday 11/01/19 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • As I'm sitting here listening to the rain, I'm optimistic the Friday forecast for dry and cool weather will come true.  I thought I would ride over to Clarksville, GA, for some lunch at The Attic restaurant.  We'll leave the Key Mart parking area at 10:30 am.   Hope to see you there.    Steve
  • The forecasters got it right.  It was a gorgeous fall day and perfect for a ride to Clarkesville.  There were six riders including me.  The other riders were Ray, Lesley, Gary, Dan, and Neil.  It was nice to have the sun as it was a little cool as we made our way into Georgia.  Traffic was light and we enjoyed the country scenery.  Parking can be a problem at The Attic, but we were able to squeeze in a couple of spaces in the rear of the building.  Dan remembered that it was okay to use the rear entrance to get into the restaurant.  Thanks to a call ahead by Paulette, they were expecting us and had a table ready.  The server told us we couldn't go wrong if we got the Philly steak or rueben sandwiches.  The rueben was the most popular choice and I got their outstanding roasted red pepper bisque.  It's been a while since I was there, but the food was as good as I remembered.  For the ride home, I decided to head north on Hwy 197.  I love this road and a cool fall day is perfect for this route.  In the summer, the "tar snakes" can get a little slippery when the hot Georgia sun beats down.  The colors were outstanding and we had a nice view of Lake Burton as we approached Hwy 76.  This took us through Clayton as we continued homeward  and it made for a great after lunch ride.  Even with the cool temperatures, it was another great day on two wheels.   Steve

No comments: