Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Friday 01/31/20 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday doesn't look like a great day to ride, but I thought I'd try to get a lunch ride in before the rain arrives.  I plan on going to Joe's New York Pizza at Patrick Square in Clemson.  We'll plan to leave the Key Mart parking area at 10:30 am.   If the weather forecast gets worse, I'll send an email out Thursday night.   Steve
  • Update - Cancel Lunch and Have Breakfast - Well the forecast did get worse, so we'll go with Garys' plan and meet at Sisters at 9 am.  I'll let them know we're coming.  Guessing around 10 to 12.   Steve
    • Note - Because I inadvertently left Gary off  the initial Wednesday email, he generously took the initiative to ensure there was a plan for Friday, thinking I either wasn't back from Mexico, or just forgot.  Thanks Gary!!

  • It was definitely a good choice to cancel the Friday ride.  The weather continued to deteriorate and actually snowed by the time we were leaving, resulting in schools being closed in the area.  We did not have as many turn out as I expected, but it was still a good time with good friends and good food.  Hopefully, these nasty weather Fridays will become very nice weather Fridays.   Steve
Not exactly a "nor'easter," but can wreak havoc in the mountains.

No comments: