Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Friday 5/24/13 Ride


Fellow Riders,

  • I haven’t ridden in so long I think a chipmunk has taken up residence in my tailpipe.  So this Friday I think I’ll scoot on up to Sylva, NC and have some lunch at the City Lights Café.  If you want to join me let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM.  I’m planning to do a small section of the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way up so if you’re going you should dress accordingly (it can get cool).  I hope to see ya’ll Friday.  Dan




  • What a great ride today.  The drive up to the parkway was fantastic.  Once we got on the parkway, it was clear not many took Dan's advice seriously enough - it was VERY cool.  A stop at the highest point on the parkway, elevation 6,053 feet, provided a spectacular view on a clear day, and provided an opportunity to put on some cold weather gear.  The ride down to Sylva saw the temps rise quickly.  After a couple extra turns (away from Sylva), we arrived at The City Lights Cafe.  It is a great place for lunch, and with the sun shining brightly, sitting outside was very nice.  The food was excellent and the cook must have had to hit the local streams to find more tuna.  For the eight riders that went - Dan, Larry, Len, Mark, Rob, Russ, me, and Bob - it was another great day on two wheels.   Steve


Blue Ridge Parkway - Elevation 6,053 feet
The Leader of the Pack





No comments: