Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Friday 9/6/13 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday looks to be a great day to ride, so you should meet at the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM and select a destination and ride leader at that time.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to ride since my bike, purchased in the South, doesn’t like being dragged up North and therefore busted it’s brake light pressure switch just to get back at me.  Should be fixed soon, but not in time to ride this Friday.  Enjoy and ride safe.   Dan
Looks like the brake lights are working to  me.....
  • Friday was a gorgeous day, and I assume there were many riders leaving the Key Mart parking area.  I did not make the ride because I spent my Christmas present - A NASCAR Racing experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway.  WOW!! What a thrill that was.  I got the 600 hp race car to a top speed of 154.25 mph.  The 24 degree banked turns were just amazing the way they let you keep your foot on the throttle.  Although everything inside you says to let up on the gas, I did not and it was a fabulous experience.  I would highly recommend this to anyone with a thirst for speed.  Although it is called a "racing" experience, I can't imagine what it would be like to carry those speeds with 42 other drivers.  I'm sure it was a great day on two wheels for many, but I had a blast on four wheels instead.    Steve
Smile before hitting over 150 mph
Smile after hitting over 150 mph

No comments: