Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friday 8/30/13 Ride


Fellow Riders,

  • While Dan is away, I'll repost his note from last week.  
    • "Unless otherwise notified, the Friday Ride will leave from the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM.  You may select a leader and ride destination at that time.  In my haste to handle my grandparental duties I failed to hit the right button trying to send out this message on Wednesday.  Better late than never.  I will not be available to ride until September as I will be grand parenting and visiting with family members up north.  See you all next month and Ride Safe     Dan 
I heard this girl wants to lead Friday, so I've decided to ride the Tail of the Dragon instead of riding with the KK group.

  • Well, a large rain cloud parked over our area and I doubt there was a ride at 10:30 this morning.  However, I had made arrangements to meet a couple friends in Sylva, NC, and then head over to ride The Tail of the Dragon.  I did, fortunately, wear my rain gear as I left.  By the time I was half-way to Salem, it was pouring.  At least I was able to get a "Bob" bike wash - no wiping, no streaks, only lots of spots.  We met up and headed west to take my friends on their first ride on the trail.  They were not on a bike, but they were driving a 2009 Corvette Convertible, so it looked cool going through the turns.  The weather was great and there were a lot of bikes making the run north and south on 129.  We did see one bike sitting on a flatbed tow truck that failed to navigate a turn, but with the number of Sheriff Patrol Cars on the Tail, things were pretty calm.  It was a great day on two wheels for me, and four wheels for my friends.    Steve









No comments: