Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Friday 4/18/14 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Since this week is spring break, I am playing Grandpa to a six year old.  However, I am managing to get out for a little scoot this Friday, provided I go someplace where Sue and our grandson can meet us for lunch.  So my plan is too ride around until I get to the Puerto Nuevo Restaurant in Westminister, SC. and have some lunch.  My grandson would love to see those bad biker dudes having a bad influence on Grandpa, so if you want to join me, let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM.  Hope to see you there.   Dan

Puerto Nuevo - Westminster, SC
  • It was an unseasonably cool April day for the trek over to Westminster.  Nine riders trailed Dan on a winding way through the Oconee County countryside. Following Dan were Len, Lesley, Rob, me, Steve (Beemer), Russ, Denny, Ed, and call me ORANGE Gloves Bob.  I'm sure Ed will be looking for some fluorescent green gloves since he was enamored with Bob's gloves.  We made our way around Whitewater Lake before looping back to head for Walhalla and Coffee Road.  We arrived at Puerto Nuevo and were greeted by future biker grandson, Grandma Sue, and Pat.  The restaurant had no problem seating us and got everyone served in good time.  Overall, it was a great day on two wheels - almost two hours for a 20 mile trip.   Steve
Proud Grandpa with Paddy, decked out with Harley t-shirt, skull wrist band, and gloves.


No comments: