Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Friday 4/25/14 Ride - Maybe

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday’s weather forecast is a bit iffy, so I’ll plan a ride for now and change accordingly if need be.  I’m thinking it might be warm enough now to start heading more north, so let’s plan to go to Brevard and hit up our old standby, The Square Root Restaurant.  If the weather holds and you’re up for it, let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM Friday.  Should a change be necessary, we’ll make a last minute change.  Hope to see you then.   Dan

  • Those who have ridden with me know I like to avoid rain or wet roads if possible, so I think I’ll make the call in the morning.  The forecast doesn’t look good but we know how things can be around here, so if it’s raining or the roads are wet I plan to push my ride off till Noon and make it shorter, maybe Cashiers, since it’s supposed to be nice in the afternoon.  If it looks OK, I’ll go ahead with the plan.  I’ll send out an email by 10:00 AM with my plan, either way.   Dan

  • Though it may never rain today, the radar is showing scattered showers throughout the region until late afternoon, so I just don’t feel like risking it.  I guess I would rather not ride and wish I had than ride and wish I hadn’t.  So there you have it.  Those still wanting to take their chances should meet at the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM and pick a destination and ride leader at that time.   Dan

  • It looks like I probably did not miss a ride, at least a dry one.  If Bob needed a bike wash, he probably made the effort to get out.  What I did do this past weekend was to celebrate the wedding of my son to a lovely girl from New Jersey.  It was a great ceremony and the Jersey shore breezes kept the rain at bay.  You can see the happy, loving couple in the photo below.  Also, it was a blast of a reception.  Not a great day on two wheels, but I did get a great daughter-in-law by making the trip to New Jersey.   Steve
Those are bubbles, not giant rain drops.  What a great day!!!

No comments: