Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Friday 05/06/16 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday should be a fine day for a ride.  Unfortunately for me I seemed to have succumbed to some type of viral infection which is hampering my enjoyment of just about anything, even planning a motorcycle ride.  Those still fit enough to ride should meet at the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM and select a destination and ride leader at that time.  Stay safe.    Dan
I can't ride my #@** motorcycle........
Try this prescription..


  • There were seven riders that came to the Key Mart parking lot for our "pot luck" ride this morning.  Today's riders included Bob (orange gloves and all), Len, Lesley, Rob, Russ, me, and Jim (wing).  Bob suggested Chattooga Belle Farm, now that they've opened for the season.  We all agreed and suggested Bob lead the way.  He did his best to emulate Dan by taking as many Oconee County back roads as he could to get there.  We circled Cherokee Lake and made our way up to Mountain Rest, then over to Long Creek and Chattooga Belle.  Once we got there, moved some tables around, and settled in on the windy deck, Bob said he was glad we didn't get lost.  I told him we all had confidence, in Len, that we wouldn't get lost.  They have a great menu and the girls doing the serving were most helpful and quick in getting our lunch.  We saw where the newly opened distillery is located and the owner offered us a tour, but we said we would do that another time.  It was cool enough we were afraid we would be tempted to try numerous samples to warm up a little.    We made our way back via Hwy 76 and 123.  Although it was without Dan, it was still another great day on two wheels.     Steve
This has to be one of the best views in all of South Carolina.
  • ps, I think I saw Dan following us at a distance, so I snapped this photo.  I think Sue made him wear protective gear due to the infection and to keep from rubbing his eyes.

No comments: