Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Friday 07/01/16 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Dan's away this coming Friday, so I thought I would head to Mean Mr. Mustard in Hendersonville, NC, for breakfast.  I plan to leave the Key Mart parking area at 8:30 am.  If you're interested, I'll  see you there.    Steve
Trip Advisor - Mean Mr. Mustard
  • It was a muggy morning for a breakfast ride, but two others besides myself, decided it was an okay day for a breakfast ride.  Joining me were Pat (diligently delivering magazines for Bill), and O. G. Bob.  No sooner had we started south on Hwy 130, we saw Bob B. coming toward us.  He made a quick turn around at the Fire Station, and then we had four riders for breakfast.  I'm still working on being as creative as Dan, but missed a turn I had planned on taking and we went through Pickens instead of around it.  Oh well, I'll keep trying.  We did take Devils Fork Road after leaving Hwy 11 at the F Mart, so we did have some twisty road to ride as we made our way toward Hendersonville.  Traffic was not too bad and we arrived a little after 10 at our destination.  We were able to sit outside, but did have to use a towel to dry the seats after the overnight rain.  O. G. Bob managed to sit under a plant that was dripping water, but he got it moved and stayed dry.  We were served our drinks fairly quickly, and our orders were placed.  They do have great coffee and the grits were pretty good as well. It was a familiar route back through Dupont as we headed for home.  It was another great day on two wheels.      Steve
One of the many bits of Beatle memorabilia decorating the restaurant.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad your 4th saw you in time and was able to make a U-ey at the Fire Station :)