Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Friday 1/17/14 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday’s forecast shows a slight chance for rain but not very warm.  I’m hoping it will stay dry and if we start an hour later we can have it be just a little warmer.  Plus I plan to stay closer to the ranch by working our way over to Westminster and try out a place Bob Mck mentioned, Puerto Nuevo Restaurant.  If you want to brave the cold, let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 11:30 AM this Friday.    I’m really hoping Friday is a good ride day because I want to try out my new scoot.  I traded in my old bike for a new one with NO STUDS.  Although there doesn’t seem to be any place on the bike to put a stud, I haven’t given up yet.   Dan

Looks like this is the one!!!



  • There were seven of us that waited anxiously to see the new "scoot" Dan is riding.  Although the bike is cool and awesome, there were some non-biker terms used like pretty and cute to describe the CVO Softail Deluxe.  This may cause some of us to have our biker cards revoked.  Another feature that got a lot of attention was the "air-flow" feature in the passenger pillion.  You had to be there.  The one hour delay did add a few degrees to the temperature and was appreciated.  The seven followers of Dan's new ride were Gadget, Len, Rob, me, Russ, Murray, and Bob.  Kevin met us at our destination in Westminster to bring the total to nine.  Before we went in to Puerto Nuevo, Bob got a few of us a personal tour of the recently opened Westminster Music Hall, courtesy of the owner, Ray.  He gave us a good sales pitch and encouraged us to come back for the show tonight.  Meanwhile, back at Puerto, we enjoyed some good Mexican cuisine.  Next time I go there, I'm taking Len's advice and trying the chicken soup. The food and service was good.  The return trip was uneventful and the temps were continuing to move up, which was good, because the wind was picking up as well.  It was another great day on two wheels.   Steve

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hear the tacos were great! Westminster Music Hall is a great place to check out the local talent ;)