Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Friday 1/09/15 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • One thing I learned from last weeks ride is “don’t mess with Mother Nature”, so I cancelled my golf for today.  However, being the slow learner that I am I still plan to try and ride Friday.  It will be dry but cold so I plan to keep it somewhat short by going to Michael’s Restaurant in Pickens.  If you would like to join me let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM.  Stay warm and ride safe.   Dan


  • Six riders packed on warm clothes and made the ride to Pickens.  Dan led the group which included Len, me, Russ, Kevin, and Orange Glove Bob.  The route Dan selected was adventurous enough given the cold temps.  We were at the restaurant in about 40 minutes and welcomed the chance to get inside.  Our dependable reservation director, Sue, had called ahead for us and the table was all set for six.  Michaels was not too crowded, but it was a little early for the lunch crowd. The hot coffee was the drink of choice for many of us and the food was quite good as well.  As we finished our lunch, fellow rider Murray and his buddy Rick, stopped in.  They were taking a break from their scouting trip to find another home they could rehab and flip.  We took a fairly direct route back home, enjoying the sunshine, but not the cold temperature.  Overall, it was another great day on two wheels.    Steve

No comments: