Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Friday 1/16/15 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • Friday looks to be a decent day so I’m thinking of riding to a restaurant I haven’t  been to for awhile, the Gumlog BBQ & Fish Camp near Lavonia, GA.  If you think you might like to join me let’s plan to leave the Key Mart parking area about 10:30 AM this Friday.  Hope you can be there.   Dan

Trip Advisor - Gumlog Barbecue & Fish Lodge


  • The ride to Gumlog is always a good one.  The route Dan selects takes us on a variety of roads as we make our way into Georgia.  It was a cool day, and Bob remarked, "I never thought I'd say I can't wait to get to Gumlog."  We were met there my Jim (Road King), who took a different route now that he's moved in to his new place.  The Gumlog always has great food, but when Len and Jim asked for cream for their coffee, the server said they only had powdered creamer (yuk), or meelk.  Always on their game, Len and Jim quickly interpreted this southern-speak into MILK.  It helps when us northerners are bi-lingual.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and by the time we started back, the temp had moved into the low 50's, making for a very comfortable ride home.  Overall, it was another great day on two wheels.     Steve


No comments: