Greetings

Welcome to some rumblings about riding in the upstate of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Friday 03/062020 Ride

Fellow Riders,

  • After last Fridays' nice sunny weather turned in to some cold gray skies and a few sprinkles on our ride home, I'm nervous to say this coming Friday looks to be a decent day.  I thought I'd take my chances and head to Chattooga Belle Farm for some lunch.  They're still on winter hours and fortunately, that includes lunch on a Friday.  If that sounds like a good ride to you, we'll plan on leaving the Key Mart parking area at 10:30 am.  Hope to see you there.      Steve
  • It turned out to be a pretty nice day for a trip to Chattooga Bell Farm.  Joining me were Rob, Steve G., Kevin, Ed, Dan, Neil, Doug, Lesley, David D., Denny, and Len.  We drove a familiar route to arrive for lunch and thanks to a call ahead by Paulette, they had a table set up for us.  Our server took our drink orders and we slowly received them with a little help from another server.  The meals came out a little slowly, but that's expected when you have a large group.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the meals and certainly the view.  After lunch, I was trying to take an interesting route, but I apparently missed seeing a road closed notice on Hwy 76.  I came upon the road closed sign on Cobb Bridge road and assumed I would have to turn around.  Rounding a curve, I saw that the road closed about 100 feet from the sign.  Fortunately, there was a street where we could turn around.  I wasn't expecting that one.  Even with an unplanned u-turn, it was another great day on two wheels.   Steve


No comments: